Project DEEP will be closed for winter break starting on Monday, 12/23 until Friday, 1/3. Tutoring will resume Monday, 1/6 and Latin class will resume Wednesday, 1/8. Happy Holidays!
Project D.E.E.P. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational program, which operates through collaborations with Boston Centers for Youth & Families and Mayor Thomas M. Menino, and charitable institutions like The Amelia Peabody Foundation. The mission of the program is to foster the educational, athletic and social growth and development of middle school children of all races, creeds and ethnic backgrounds throughout the Dorchester community.
What’s Happening NOW!
• SNOW INFO: As you know, Project DEEP follows the BPS schedule, if they don’t have school, DEEP is closed as well. Sign up for text/e-mail alerts about school closings for Boston Public. There is an option for Murphy Community Center, but remember: Project DEEP follows the BPS schedule. Click here to receive alerts!
• Volunteer opportunity for students enrolled in our One on One Tutoring Program at Fields Corner Branch Library! Check it out!
• Does your student need extra help with Latin? You’re in luck! Our Learning Latin Program is here to help! Click here for more information.
•Interested in becoming a tutor? Click here to find out more information!
• Celebrate Dorchester Calendars are IN! Just $10 gets you a really great stocking stuffer! Purchase online or stop by Gerard’s, Phillip’s Candy House, Mudhouse or Cedar Grove Gardens.
• Let’s help make the holiday season special for everyone! Project DEEP is holding a Toy Drive! All donations will go to The Home for Little Wanderers. Drop off an unused, unwrapped, non-violent toy to the DEEP office between Monday, December 9 until Thursday, December 19. **The Home for Little Wanderers is in need of donations for adolescent boys. One on One Tutoring Students! You will be granted 1 hour of service for DEEP with a donated toy (only 2 hours maximum per student will be given.)